It's officially pumpkin carving season & we have 5 tips that will allow your pumpkin a much longer lifespan when decorating!
Pumpkin season is OFFICIALLY here and what better way to celebrate than at S&J Produce Farms in Madison!
We know along with pumpkin season comes the fun activities that involve them! Did you know you can preserve your pumpkin for a longer lasting home decor piece with just an over the counter product at your local pharmacy? Or, with just a few seconds of washing your pumpkin in Clorox it will kill the germs and bacteria of the pumpkin? WE DIDN’T EITHER!
At S&J Produce Farms, John taught us a few little tricks of the trade for our jack-o-lantern to last a few more days in the office!
- STEP ONE: Pick your perfect pumpkin. At S&J Produce Farms they have a HUGE selection of pumpkins that are perfect for your home or office decor!
- STEP TWO: Wash/ clean your pumpkin. Cleaning your pumpkin with a dash of Clorox and water will allow a longer lifespan for your pumpkin.
- STEP THREE: Draw out your design. By drawing out your design, you will have a much easier time carving or painting your pumpkin.
- STEP FOUR: Carve or paint your pumpkin. Now for the fun part! ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF IT! THIS SEASON ONLY COMES ONCE A YEAR!
- STEP FIVE: Seal it. If you are puncturing the pumpkin by carving, you will need to add the finishing touches. Rubbing Vaseline in the carved out areas will seal the open area of the pumpkin, allowing it to last much longer on the pouch or outdoors!
Don’t let a decaying pumpkin ruin your Fall spirit! Check out S&J Produce Farms for all your Fall harvest tips and while your there, grab some fresh produce!
You can also enjoy hayrides each Saturday and Sunday all though the month of October from 9:30am – 4:00pm on Saturday and 9:30am – 3:30pm on Sunday! *Ages 4 and under get in free!
Hayride is $10.00 plus $5.00 for your pumpkin.
S&J Produce is your one-stop-shop for all your harvest season needs. Shop hay bales, mums, a variety of beautiful pumpkins, and local grown produce!
Check out their Facebook page for more on S&J Produce Farms!