This treat is easy to make and fun to decorate!
If you’re looking for an easy treat to make this Easter, then this mom and kid approved Easter Bunny Rice Krispies treat will hit the spot!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Spring M&M’s (regular will work just fine, too)
- 2 round cake pans
- Anything else you want to decorate with (icing, sprinkles, etc.)
Here’s what to do:
- Grease both round pans and set aside
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add entire bag of marshmallow and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt.
- Mix Rice Krispies into marshmallow mixture until evenly combined.
- Divide mixture evenly and press into round pans. (Using a greased spatula may help)
- Let cool then remove from pan.
- Use one circle to cut out ears and bowtie. (For even results, measure bow tie to 4 inches on both ends, and 1.5 inches in the center. See picture above for reference)
- Now assemble the bunny by placing the remaining circle in the center, two ears on top and the bow tie on the bottom.
- Then decorate how you like.