One of Huntsville’s favorite traditions returns to Big Spring Park June 29th with new guidelines in place to ensure you can enjoy an evening of live music safely.
Concerts in the Park kicked off the 2020 season virtually as Arts Huntsville and the Huntsville Department of Parks & Recreation collaborated on a set of safety precautions that would allow the events to take place in-person. The concerts are free and open to the public and will feature a rotating schedule of some of Huntsville’s favorite food trucks.
Attendees should bring their own seating, and leashed pets are welcome.
Before jumping into the new guidelines, here’s this year’s schedule.
JUNE 29 – Unique Live Band and JUICE (Party Cover Bands)
JULY 6 – Military Appreciation Night featuring Brass Band of Huntsville and JED Eye playing patriotic music. A fireworks display is also scheduled.
JULY 13 – A.M. Brown and Darien Omar (R&B/Soul/Jazz/Pop)
JULY 20 – Luke & Jay Music (Jazz/R&B) and Remy Neal (Artistic Pop)
AUGUST 3 – Chelsea, Who? (Alternative/R&B) and Kemistry (Party Cover Band)
Arts Huntsville and the Department of Parks & Recreation ask that all attendees follow these safety guidelines:
- If you are feeling ill, have a temperature, or think you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, please remain at home.
- Please assess your risk factors. If you feel you are in a high-risk group, then you are currently being advised to stay-at-home by the CDC in order to mitigate your risk.
- When you arrive in Big Spring Park to select your location for the Concert, please maintain 6 ft of distance between your group and the groups around you.
- Arts Huntsville staff will be wearing masks, and we encourage you to wear a mask or bandana when you step away from your immediate group. (Arts Huntsville and the Department of Parks & Recreation will have masks on-hand if you need one).
- Food trucks and food vendors will be dispersed on Williams and Church Street and in the park plaza to allow for social distancing. When waiting on food or beverage, please maintain 6 ft of distance between yourself and other patrons.
- Please only send one or two members of your party to order food.
- Arts Huntsville and the Department of Parks & Recreation will have sanitizing stations located around the park.
- The Department of Parks & Recreation will have their mobile bathroom unit on-site for public use. The City of Huntsville’s General Services staff will be cleaning the mobile bathrooms throughout the evening.
The concerts start at 6:30 pm and run every Monday through August 3rd.
For more information, visit Arts Huntsville at their website here.